Music

ジジとレモン

ジジとレモン
Jiji & Remon

Gigi & Lemon: 2D Art & Character Design

2D Art & Design
For this post I am going to go into detail about art and design. I'm going to also share some of my old 2D creations and original characters and share some secrets and give my personal opinions.
Gigi the Japanese Vintage Girl
Gigi is a character that has always been my main mascot, and she has her own unique quote which I created that was "Singer, Dancer, Actress" all rolled into one and also "Triple Threat," she was created in 2011. She kind of stood out in my OC character crowd and so did Lemon, so I decided to continue using the both of them and later paired them together and have been using them ever since. Originally Gigi was known as Ginger, but that is where I went wrong. I named Gigi as a tongue-in-cheek reference after a real person. My mascot was not based on this person, it was just a joke reference. My character wasn't supposed to even be the person, total different personalities. For example that woman is white, and Gigi has always been Asian and was originally a bunny girl. And so several years down the line Gigi adapted and I made her human because furries are not what I want to see. I used the name Mimi as base and replaced the "M" with a "G" and she became Gigi. Originally Gigi was going to be called Bambi. In all honesty, Gigi's personality deprives from well known diva-types, but she is also very intelligent and a little anti-social. in other words, she's kind of like Daria Morgendorffer, only self-centered and sometimes learns from her mistakes and sometimes doesn't, indicating that Gigi could possibly be bi-polar. Here is Gigi in 2D and 3D, she's came a long way and serves as my main mascot for my blog and my original creations. She used to be known as the "Personality Girl" but I changed her title to the "Vintage Girl" due to the person who's name that was initially used, started stealing my quotes and ideas and tried to compare me to Max Fleischer and I was like this chick is crazy, and just stole my quote instead of creating her own. The woman in question is a known character impersonator, so she has no right to speak on anything, and getting goons to do her dirty work!? Low down snake. Just because I used her name, this backfired in the long run, because she tried to make it out as if I had coined her, and that wasn't the case, I was actually giving her tribute, but you some know people, they try to make you out to be something you are not when you speak the truth. You see I shared a viral story and refused to lie, and it angered a lot of white people, and they took aim at me and she was one of them, and she is a member of a little racist group. I have never experienced or seen that much racism in all my life, until that story went viral. It turned out that that woman wasn't what she seemed and was not the person I thought she was and she later showed her true colors. Gigi will always be an original creation, and I cannot help it if other people feel the need to imitate or copy. Gigi clearly has served as base for others, only those people will not admit it, but I see them, I see all. And yes, Gigi will continue to have links to her original name "Ginger" because that is how she debuted. It was supposed to have been Ginger and Lemon, but because I am a nice person, I changed Gigi's name out of respect, I didn't have to. But now I just don't care period and I do what I want with my original creations. They are my mascots, not yours, don't be telling me how to use them. If you don't like it, make your own mascot. Everyone is capable of creating, and being creative. 
Lemon Li
I've lost a lot of 2D sprite work over the years but luckily I have some that still exist and I will now share each and everyone of them in this post. In 2017, I created some furniture for a third-party INDIE game, only I was never credited. See you help people and they stab you in your back!? Don't trust anyone on social media. I also helped a few other INDIE game developers with their games too. And this is how they pay you - DUST. In return I will not reference or promote their work, due to me being used like that. Here is Lemon Li, the Action Girl who serves as mascot. These were early created sprites created not too longer after I gave her a new character design. Like I said, Lemon's new design is just recycled from Coco, before this Lemon was your typical Chinese girl, who was extra. She used to be bisexual, but most recently has kind of toned that down. She has even called out ??? for being gay and or bisexual, on multiple occasions. Yup, we been knew. I'm too much ain't I!? No wonder people be coming for me. I can't help it. Don't shoot the messenger of love and justice, I refuse to lie for anyone. I say it like I mean it.
Cocoa the Hip Cool Space Chick
Coco was created to bring diversity. Initially she was Blasian like half black and half Korean, and now she's just African-American. Long before all of those rappers tried to emulate Asians, Cocoa was doing it first. Why do black women and black female rappers copy Asians now!? Well they figured that Asians were copying black culture and decided to copy right back. I never really was able to do much with Cocoa, as she had a angry black woman vibe, who was and is sort of a hoodrat. I recall when creating her initial costume, it was inspired by this music video. I cannot remember what the outfit looked like it is somewhere online, but since then I just created some new styles for her. One of her most unique concepts is changing the color of her hairstyle, her real hair is jet black. I once thought of giving her Afro-textured hair, but never did. Cocoa was the main inspiration behind Lemon's new design, also they are best friends. Cocoa is an alternative to Gigi, only Gigi and Cocoa don't really see eye to eye. Cocoa has been brought back and can be seen in 3D, somewhere on this blog. I don't know where she is, you just have to look for her. She will serve as justice for black media, whether people like it or not. Got a problem with that!? If so, kiss my boot and stop with the cyber-stalking. If you're on my block list, you ain't welcome here, #$@&%*! off. 
Ann Lavish
Little Annie Lavish was originally known as the "Vo-Doh-Oh-De-Oh" girl, but is now known as Ann the Saint. She's sort of a reference to retro sirens, and also ditsy dumbos. She speaks like Harley Quinn and is Gigi's main rival. She was killed off, but has been reborn and is now younger, as originally she was an old lady who pretended to be younger than she actually was. Now she's all religious, but really deep down is pure evil. She somehow recently made her way back into Gigi's group. I did kill her off, but I decided to bring her back and change her personality. She's also inspired by K-Pop now and now thinks that she is Asian, but really she's just some white chick trying to emulate, which is what they do in real life. Have you seen them!? I have. Not to worry, now everyone emulates everybody. Nobody is safe from being appropriated now. Don't like hearing the truth!? Too bad, so sad.
Peppermint
Mint the Brat never really had much of a concept going. He is basically an intelligent bratty kid who is often dressed up as if he is from yesteryear. His mother was known as Paprika, her real name was Rika and he is Gigi's cousin. His mother could not speak, and he initially lived with her, but later moved in with Gigi and her family. He wears very neat looking clothes at times, and other times sailor costumes. The Pancake Prince was the base used to create Mint, because Mint originally did not exist. He hates Lemon with a passion, the both of them always clash with one another.
Pancake Prince, Pancake Princess & Mangaboo
Prince Pancake was a creation that I had worked on, something different to anyone. I wanted the character to be the complete opposite of anything currently dominating. He is bratty, and sophisticated and served as base for Mint. He started out as male but was going to be female. When I created PS! Flash I didn't really have a concept and the story I envisioned became a fully fledged nightmare. I just went with the flow on that one. I intended to make a PS! Flash 2, but it was canceled due to the character being not very appealing. Had I made him female, like I was supposed to have, he may have appealed. I think personally, it was because he has pink hair - people don't like to see that. Yes, people are hateful and don't like to see anything different. It also went down to the story, it was warped as I said above. I tried to put too much into it and also was desperate at that time to put Gigi and Lemon into it and I also rushed. In reality, I should have focused on one thing and one thing only. You see with Pan, he debuted in a few other stories, and some people gave me some great feedback, so I decided to bring him back. Only this time, it didn't work out as planned. Also to note, he is NOT an LGBT+ icon. Don't fool yourself into thinking that, just because he has pink hair and wears a sailor costume. I catered too much to the LGBT+ at that time and they didn't even bother support my creations, so it was time wasting. I was trying to let people know "through Lemon" that they were just people. Maybe I was wrong!? Also with Pan, I was just trying to say that pink was a color originally for boys, not girls. Pink was for boys, and blue was for girls, so I tried to bring light to that. This world is superficial, and it seems there have always been people pulling the strings, and making rules, rules that never once existed, so I tried to combat that and explain that colors are just colors. But I don't think anyone got my message. As said, he was the base for Mint. As you can see in the sprite above he has a new costume and was also supposed to have had wings and also magical powers. The Princess Pancake!? Originally she was supposed to have been the Prince as a girl, but I recall making her the alternative to him, in an alternative universe. Mangaboo!? She was created to replace Gigi and Lemon as mascot a few years ago and she is a descendent of the Pancakes. Clearly Gigi and Lemon are not going anywhere, anytime soon, unless I decide to retire them from being my official mascots. She was going to be the main character of PK! Flash 2 too and have a sort of magical girl appeal. I scrapped all of that and haven't looked back since. So many ideas I have that will never see the light of day. 
The Count Lucanor & The Blind Prince
After I released my story demo, a few years later a game called The Count Lucanor was released. Now I am not hating, because I played the game and I liked it. It was also dark and twisted, games I like. Someone was like Baroque Decay most likely saw your poster, and decided to imitate it. And I was like, YES, their character literally doing the exact same thing as my Pancake Prince and I had released my Visual Novel a few years earlier. 

And then in 2018, a Blind Prince by Nippon Ichi debuted and he just looks like my Pancake Prince, only he has a different palette color and the curls are different. 

These people clearly took inspiration from me, it is just too obvious. That is why I was referencing people as not being original and having to emulate my character designs. A ton of people have done this now, instead of being original. 

When I first saw The Count Lucanor, I was like I've seen that poster somewhere before? But where!? It suddenly hit me. It's an imitation. Look where the arms are. Also I did it first, I released my game first. 

And y'all can laugh and say, nobody done cared and that The Count Lucanor got a Switch release, and is also on the Ps4. I don't give a damn MOFO. My creations were never made to be commercial as they were tests to see if I could create. I just wanted to create a few games and stories, because that is what I used to do in Flash. So I wanted to make some Visual Novel based stories. 

All these MOFOS who make games specially RPG ones and Visual Novels, are all in the same circles. Soon as someone knows who you are, clearly they are going to want to sabotage you in any way, shape or form. Like for example, taking ideas? Copying!? And the list goes on. And I don't even know these people. But that is how this world works, everything is pretty much shady and people will pass stuff off as their own, when in reality they are just copy cats. 

And also the bitter and twisted people too, who try to take credit for things that they did not originate, or create, get a life loser. That is a message to people who think they can tell other people what they can or cannot do with their original character creations. Ain't listening to you, I don't care what you say, it is my character, not yours. Don't like it? As I said above, create your own. You can imitate and emulate as much as you want to, but deep down you'll know where you got the idea and people are not stupid, we can see. 

So when I saw these creations a few years ago, and a few others, which shall not be named, I knew exactly where these people got their concepts and or ideas and or character designs or whatever they pilfered in the process.

Probably saw my Pancake Prince on a throne and thought, I want that! That is my idea now! Well you could have at least moved his arm from his head - imitation or what!? 

In all honesty, I do not mind, but I am still calling it out. I have a lot of secrets to bring to light, as I have kept quiet for far too long and people thought I was crazy!? Nope, I was saying it like it was. Don't like it!? Get out of here butt-wipe!
The Pancake Prince
So what is the Pancake Prince!? He is a magical boy who is not human and he debuted in 2013 in The Past Is The Past and then a year later in The Future Is Now. A few people liked the story, so I decided to work on it for a 2014-2015 release. I wish I hadn't now, and I wish I took my personal advice and scrapped the idea, too late now. I had to like release several builds of the game, due to rushing and making multiple errors. Clearly I changed the main character, as he was originally portrayed by someone else and I adapted him. Suddenly a few years later Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! debuted among other things that gave some sort of reminisce, as if those people had done what I'd done first. I did it first, not them. Nobody was even using the magical girl or boy genre, it was deader than dead, specially not male characters, they were never how you say? Prissy!? In reality, all of these people are recycling what I have already done - character concept-wise. It is like Nippon Ichi Software, and how they weirdly created a character similar to mine a few years after!? Of course I once tried to appeal to a Japanese audience, but apparently they don't like Westerners, although they don't mind imitating Western ideas and Western concepts? Take anime for example, it is basically just adapted from American animation. In other words, anime is not original, as they had to use Disney and other American studios as as source to create Japanese anime and manga. See how easy it is!? To like I don't know!? Tell it like it is?
Gigi Pau
Gigi's concept is simple, she's very regal but is also a burlesque singer and dancer. She has always had brown hair and blue eyes, which now are black, they also were once red and I think green too. She would sing jazz and old classics. Her second name Pau, originates from Pauline. It's a tongue-in-cheek reference, due to personal reasons which I will explain below. And no, it has no relation to that woman in question. I know weird how it links back right? I don't think of that woman, she doesn't exist in my world. But I am not afraid to reference her, after what she did to me or what she got other people to do to me online. She's trash, simple as. I can like Gigi, because she ain't that woman, Gigi is my creation who has a bit of my personality, not that evil woman's, but mine. 
Imitation!? 💖
People won't believe this story even if I told them so I am going to tell it. In 2016, I decided to adapt Gigi. Gigi had appeared in PK! Flash a year earlier and her clothes were kind of inspired by a well known Nintendo character at one point. In 2016, I announced that I was making Gigi 2D specially in collaboration with my blogs and she debuted as an official mascot. In 2016, Gigi debuted in a sprite comic series titled Gigi the Vintage Girl & Friends, and then made her debut in Gigi & Lemon #1. Gigi was given a brand new design, and even a hat. She also sung in the comic using an old fashioned microphone. In April of 2017, Gigi made her final appearance in Gigi & Lemon #6 in which she compared herself to a Nintendo character. Several months later, Super Mario Odyssey was released and it seems that Nintendo had revived Pauline. Pauline was suddenly singing jazz songs, and also sported a hat. I was like ReALLY!? That made me laugh though, because I love Nintendo and I knew exactly what they did. I was emulating them, so they did it right back. Nintendo also started adding references, so it was obvious what had happened. If they didn't, they wouldn't have had ??? on their mind. They won't admit it, but I know, I ain't silly, I can clearly see with my own two eyes, also I released my stuff several months earlier, long before their game got a release and also a year in advance, and that was my concept. Originally their character never sung and was not in a jazz band before that and she had no character personality, whereas my Gigi did. But as said, I admit I did emulate an outfit they created so they got me and how. You know when you just know!? And I was really rallying for Nintendo and still do. So no, it is no hard feelings. I ensured to slyly reference them at the end of PS! Flash.
Who Is This Alice Angel!?
Not too long after theMeatly debuted a character who weirdly wore the exact same dress as mine, and also sported a beauty spot by her eye. I did it before them. I had that dress made also before them. Gigi was also sometimes in black and white. For those following me, you know, and you've seen. So we see this Alice Angel everywhere and in reality she is just an imitation of an imitation. Then they try to claim that ??? was the inspiration, and who has always rallied for that character!? Me that is who and I also had my own platform which was and still is about video games. Now they created Bendy and the Ink Machine, and there were no female characters. I'm letting everyone know! And no I am not a clout chaser, I just know an imitation when I see one.
Gigi the Vintage Girl (2011-2019)
Gigi has been my mascot since 2011 and has gone through several designs, but she always keeps that unique allure about herself. Alice Angel did not debut until 2017. So why blog about this!? Over the past year or so I've had these weird people follow me, with weird icons. Are they being shady!? Just because I made it clear that theMeatly pilfered my swag!? So what!!! Don't be coming up in my personal domain, because you will be blocked. What point are you making!? It is clear where they got their idea, just like all those other people I referenced. Am I angry!? No, I'm just making it known. Like Gigi and I once said, you can try to imitate, but you can never duplicate no matter how successful you are. Now I see everyone imitating this Alice Angel, in reality they are just doing an imitation of an imitation. Gigi debuted in 2011, and I worked on her design through the years. In 2017, I kind of caught on to all these imitations and all these people copying my ideas and concepts, and so I gave Gigi a brand new style. Someone even told me that this character here was also emulating that Alice Angel, who in turn was... no IS emulating Gigi. Like I said, Gigi has been around for many years as of 2011 and her beauty mark sometimes moved to either eye. Gigi's been a mascot, she's been a sprite, she's the Queen of Visual Novels, and Audio Dramas and she was a 2D puppet in 2016 who also had her own unique online sprite comic and still to this day is my original mascot. People get their ideas from other people, it is a well known fact, so no I could never be angry, and I do not care less who decides to emulate and or adapt my creations. There are a lot of others who have done the exact same thing. They've seen me with something, and they just wanna copy, can't they think for themselves!? Like I explained how a woman stole my quote just because I gave her tribute and how I messed up using her name. All this stuff backfires in the long run, so it best you be careful when you create an original character, because people will steal and will be up in their feelings when you share your creations with the world. Gigi might never be famous as those other fictional creations but mark my words, she has been seen by millions of people and she will continue to be outspoken and will continue to be my mascot until I say otherwise. I can't help that people want to emulate what I had been doing for years. My vintage character style, which was rare before I did it, is now a thing!? How weird is that!? Then again Gigi and Lemon, was never made to appeal to the younger audience, and always had adult puns, it was more aimed towards an older audience. like 18+.  So there you have it, Alice Angel, an imitation of an imitation. I cannot get mad, because I too did some silly things to create my mascot which makes me just as bad. You won't get any of these people to admit the truth, but like I said, I can see through the lies. I ain't the bitter and twisted type and I don't hate like other people, but I will speak on the subject and bring it to light as to how this Alice Angel came about. Weirdly in 2017 out of nowhere. Of course Gigi won't be doing anything, and will just do what a mascot normally does, which is stand there and look pretty, and she will sometimes appear in little text based skits. I don't have the time to be playing around, as I am far too busy. In other words, creating stuff is time wasting which is why I will stick to blogging. I am a blogger, and I write about news, video games, animation and gossip, that is what I do. In true honesty, I don't think I have it in me to create anymore, what once was is now gone. Will it return!? Maybe!? But I think I've done what I had to and I don't want to do anymore. I would rather support other INDIE developers and rally them on and also continue supporting Nintendo. Like I said, no hard feelings, but I know when I see a blatant imitation and no, I did not use ??? as base to create my mascot, it was my own original creation. I created the personality, mannerisms, and clothes, I later also adapted Gigi and made her come out of that monster's shadow. Oh that monster, she scares me just thinking of her and her Italian goons. 
Torn Between
These were created for the remake of Torn Between. TB was basically a remake of an old Visual Novel and was more updated. It also featured Rina Adachi. Yes, Mizura voiced Gigi through the years in my projects. I also voiced Gigi, but I won't tell you where to look as it is none of your business. And several other VO did too. I prefer the main vocals to play Lemon too. Gigi and Lemon always share the same actress. So yeah, these sprites were used for a logo sequence. Gigi's official color is purple, originally it was orange, and then pink but she can wear pretty much anything. Now of course Gigi wears pretty much anything, as she can due to the new software used to render her. I don't even have to work my butt off anymore. Yes! Making sprites is hard and it takes up a lot of time. Props to any spriters out there, because making sprites takes forever. 
Lady Miss Lier
This character here was just a parody of someone. There was no way that I was going to use her. She's kind of a mixture between Ulala and Lady Miss Kier. Story is pretty simple, I covered a story and it went viral several years ago on this blog here, which clearly changed address. Yes let it be known that this Gigi & Lemon blog was originally my other blog, it moved address and I just recreated the old blog. So the other blog you see, is not my main blog, this one right here is. I moved due to crazy people continuously looking me up, people who I wanted to stay away. Of course now they can easily find me, as I have shared pretty much all of my new links. But if they are that crazy and want to stalk, let them. At the end of the day I do not cater to them and could care less what they are doing. It is not being mean, it is just I don't have time for people who get off stirring up trouble, specially old men who have nothing better to do. Not to worry, you'll perish soon with that attitude, so troll while you still can MOFO. Anyway, with Lady Miss Kier, I later got into the singer's music and was none-stop listening to her albums. But that was several years ago now and as you know things change and you move on to other stuff. That was a real interesting time. I didn't blog about it, because there are too many leeches out there who cannot think for themselves and have to hook on to other people and see what they like and then just copy. Like those brain dead men I mentioned on several occasions and all those autistics. No offense to y'all, but you need to really start thinking for yourselves and stop with the clout chasing. So I am very careful now with what I share, and only share it if I am done with it or if I feel the you know "meh" feeling, as in I don't care. Not saying that people can't like the same things, but when you start stalking me online, and seeing what I like, then copying, then going directly to the person I once praised and trolling and stirring and whatnot, that is just crazy. I should have taken screen captures, when all that crazy stuff took place, it would give an insight of what I went through with these lunatics. People saw me ranting about them, and they were like, what is wrong!? I was like you wouldn't understand, you can't see, it's all happening behind the scenes and those people are using anonymous accounts and so on. I also had some loon pretending to be me, it was crazy. I was unsure who he was, but it said he was from Italy, so I put two and two together, and all fingers pointed in one direction. I also left a trap on this website, and I caught them. One was spying on me through a Ps3, and the other from a mobile. I know where those people live, so I knew it was them, which is why I ranted and ranted and continued to rant and am clearly still ranting to this day. It is quite funny to be honest. I figure those crazy people like to be dragged by me, because if they didn't they would have buzzed off by now, that is what we call typical trolls, they get off on being dragged and then want to drag you right back.☺
Elyira the Mistress of the Night
Elyira was another parody. Not really creative with that one. She's a witch who does spells. I do not condone witchcraft, so she goes in the bin. 
Rozella Thorn
I have no idea what this is, some kind of flower monster. It is something I never want to see, feel free to steal this concept.
Mermaid & Siren
Mermaid and Siren concepts. It is a bit blurry, but I think The Little Mermaid played a part in the creation. If I ever did a spin of Mermaids, I wouldn't use this concept, I would go for a different approach. I'm not really fond of Mermaids, so that will not happen.
Maids
These are three maids who serve Princess Pancake. They are based on my original character Mira Saffron, only they have different personalities. Mira is dead, so you just have to try a new approach. Maids are a vital part to the Pancake stories. 
Magma
This is a concept from a game and or story that was never made. So basically Magma is a fire Goddess who needs her body restoring, so she calls upon a mighty hero to aid her. It would later turn out that she had lost her body because she was pure evil and her real intention was to set the land ablaze. Someone told me it was a great concept, but I just couldn't be asked to work on the story. Yes, I get bored very easily. 
Gigi the Vintage Girl
Gigi from Torn Between. Gigi is kinda like royalty, she likes to be a diva, and wear the finer things in life. Gold is her passion, pearls, bangles, tiaras, you name it. She's been doing that for years now. She's like a princess, only she ain't one and never will be one which has been made clear. Lemon tells Gigi that no matter how rich she is, it cannot bring her true happiness and Gigi later acknowledges this but as said above then forgets. The characters have a way of forgetting. So Lemon and Mint made up!? After all that fighting? Then they were back to enemies again. 
Lemon the Action Girl
Lemon from Torn Between. I think Sailor Moon inspired me for one of Lemon's hairstyles, that is why I am not angry at anyone for emulating my concept, because I too am inspired by what I see. Only I kind of adapt stuff. You see what Lemon is wearing!? I created those outfits from scratch. 
Pepper & Mint
Pepper and Mint from Torn Between. Mrs. Pepper Pau is basically just the spitting image of her daughter Gigi. Mint!? He also looks somewhat similar. As you can see I didn't give Mint a beauty spot by the eye in this version. In reality all of their family are supposed to sport beauty marks and have done so for years now. I decided to remove it, and I also decided to dress him up normally this time.
Alternative Costumes
Alternative character outfits for Torn Between. Sometimes Lemon will wear a Chinese dress, but it is quite rare, as now she is far too busy wearing skimpy apparel. 
Lemon's Dresses
Lemon's custom made dresses. I had to animated these for one scene in Torn Between, it really killed me because they were made with blocks. Lemon made these dresses, but in real life, it was me.
Gigi's alternative outfit for Torn Between. She was only supposed to have moved her mouth, which is why originally she wore a long dress. So when I finally animated it, it turned out a little crappy, because Gigi was not meant to move and I had a deadline, also because Torn Between was annoying me. 
Gigi's official style. This is her official outfit, sometimes she'll wear a purple dress, and other times it will reflect her original outfit. She started wearing this unique outfit in 2013, which I created. Look at the character chart from 2011-2019 and you can see with your own two eyes and yes, all the dates are correct. 
Lemon (2018)
Here is Lemon's 2018 sprite design. Initially she has black hair, but she dyes it blonde. You know what they say about blondes!? 
Pepper and Peppermint (2018)
Pepper and Peppermint's 2018 design. Mint's design here was based on his look in Storytime and Mrs P!? Just a basic adaption of Gigi with a different hairstyle. Mrs P's beauty mark also randomly moves. Mint is currently 3D and so is Pepper. Mint might get a new design, depending on how I feel. 
Gigi (2018)
And last but not least Gigi. This is her 2018 design which was used in conjunction with this blog which is her official website. As you can see her newly debuted hairstyle completely changed how the character looks. She looks more youthful too, how did I create this concept? I just grabbed Lemon and used her as base, only I tweaked the character design a little.